Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Last week I wrote 4 different paragraphs. This week I put them all together, made some changes, wrote a intro and conclusion paragraph, and made it into a 6 paragraph essay!!! It was (truthfully) kind of fun!!! I thought it was preatty good and wanted to post it on my blog. The topic is "highlights of my life" You don't have to read it if you don't want to.





Highlights of my life

Life is full of joys and sorrows. Everybody faces events that will set the course of their future. Highlights are extraordinary events on extraordinary days. My life, as a teenager, has already set a pace for my future. From birth to second birth, family traditions to opportunities to serve, there are important highlights in every person’s life.
The greatest highlight of my life was being born! I was born in June of 1995 in Oklahoma City at Mercy Hospital. When I was born, I weighed slightly more than 12 pounds and was 25½ inches long. The doctor, who has cared for me from the beginning, had an astonished look of shock on his face when I was being delivered. Because I was so big, I became the talk of the hospital. The nurses had to go down to the pediatric floor to get diapers for me because the infant diapers wouldn’t fit.
Moving on from my phenomenal birth experience, I would like to talk about my unbelievable family. My family has many fantastic traditions. We go on a family vacation every year to a cabin in Golden, Missouri. We enjoy special traditions on holidays, and I look forward to them every year. My family spends plenty of quality time with our grandparents. I have the privilege of being homeschooled by my amazing mom and I value the time with her. I have a niece named Elizabeth, who I love dearly and another baby girl on the way! Being part of such a family is a great part of my life.
Being born a second time was the most fulfilling highlight of my life. I was in Mexico on a mission trip when I realized that I needed Christ as my personal savior. I saw others sharing Christ, and I knew that I wanted Him as my savior. I quickly became aware that I couldn’t share Christ with others if I didn’t know Him myself. I was with my parents, in our camping trailer, when I told them that I wanted Jesus in my heart. I prayed and asked God to forgive me of my sin and to be the Lord of my life. After that night, everything changed and I recognized that I was a new person in Christ Jesus.
Serving others is something I love to do in my spare time. My church participates in many work projects. Recently we had the opportunity to tear off a roof for a church member. I also have the privilege to help with community service projects, which I do quite often. Mission trips are great ways to serve people in other states or countries. It has been my privilege to go on mission trips to Virginia, Arkansas, and Mexico. I have so many wonderful occasions to serve, and I hope I have more in the future.
There are many wonderful highlights in my life that I treasure. A few of them are my birth experience, my family traditions, the time I accepted Jesus in my heart, and the opportunities I have to serve. Of all these highlights in my life, accepting Jesus in my heart was the greatest. Because of this decision, my life is fulfilled.


ps. Each paragraph should have a tab deviding them. I couldn't find out how to do it.

No comments: